Edge Racing Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Home PageFront Home Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
moo moo nel
Race Car Driver
Race Car Driver
moo moo nel

Male
Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2008-11-23

For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!! Empty
PostSubject: For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!!   For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:33 am

For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm Universal fitment!!!
Price and price conditions: Brand new in box. $110!!!

For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!! IMG_0047
Back to top Go down
JE-55-EA
P Plater
P Plater
JE-55-EA

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!!   For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:51 pm

Do these things only work well on turbo cars, or will they work on n/a aswell?
Back to top Go down
moo moo nel
Race Car Driver
Race Car Driver
moo moo nel

Male

PostSubject: Re: For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!!   For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:58 pm

it's better to have one if you like to drive hard
especially high rev engines
Back to top Go down
EDGE-Racing
Admin
Admin
EDGE-Racing

Male
Number of posts : 4009
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!!   For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:55 pm

actually how does these oil catch can work?
Back to top Go down
http://edge-racing.net
moo moo nel
Race Car Driver
Race Car Driver
moo moo nel

Male

PostSubject: Re: For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!!   For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:37 pm

huh?
I thought you have one in your car? Rolling Eyes or someone else..

anyway...my english no good enough to explain here...I just copy from the net...

Lets look at your engine for a moment. Every engine during the normal combustion process, has blow-by. Engine Blow-by is excess combustion gases that leak by the piston rings and escape into the engine crankcase. During each compression or power stroke of a normal engine cycle, a very small amount of gases leak by the piston rings. This happens because the piston rings do not create a perfect seal. This Blow-by of gases is very small, but the higher the RPM and the more pistons, the more the blow-by starts to create pressure in the crank.

This pressure needs to be released, and is done so by crank case vents. Because manufactures have to keep environmental issues in mind, these gases can’t just be vented to atmosphere. So the OEM’s vent these gases back to the intake system to be re-burned. This all sounds good, but Blow by is nasty stuff!

Engine blow-by contains gases and oil from the crankcase. The gases aren’t really a problem, but the oil is. This oily mess coats everything in its path as it makes it way back to the combustion chamber. This nasty oil mess gets into the turbo, then boost tubes, then intercooler, into the intake manifold, and finally back into the engine. As the oil creeps in between couplers and boost tubes, it can cause the connection pop off under boost. This oil then gets into the intercooler coating all the cooling fins. This greatly effects the ability of the intercooler to cool, and the efficiency of it will drop! This will cause a huge loss in power and can cause detonation. The last place this oily mess sees before the combustion chamber is the intake valves. Because of the temp differences and the oil impacting them, the oil will start to build up and form sludge. This adds up over time, and can cause many other problems, and hurt performance.

As describe above the oily mess goes from the crank case to the intake system, and generally through a rubber hose. An oil catch can simply intersects the hose and the oily mess before it reaches the intake system. The top of our Oil Catch Can has 2 fittings, one in and one out. The oily mess goes in the can, gets trapped because of either the media inside the can, or from the change in direction, or from a change in temp. This separated the good from the bad, and collects the bad.

As the fluid fills the can, the end user can use the sight tube on the side of the can to determine when to drain it.
Back to top Go down
EDGE-Racing
Admin
Admin
EDGE-Racing

Male
Number of posts : 4009
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!!   For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 12:30 am

moo moo nel wrote:
huh?
I thought you have one in your car? Rolling Eyes or someone else..

nah i don't got one, it is someone else's.. Wink

hmm, so after reading your article, should i get one? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://edge-racing.net
moo moo nel
Race Car Driver
Race Car Driver
moo moo nel

Male

PostSubject: Re: For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!!   For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 12:57 am

its a mod to protect your engine, and to avoid power loss when you attack corners
Back to top Go down
sasp
P Plater
P Plater
sasp

Male
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!!   For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:48 pm

hmmm still for sales?
Back to top Go down
ommeh
Race Car Driver
Race Car Driver
ommeh

Male
Number of posts : 817
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!!   For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:04 pm

*raise hand*

I'm the colt that has one Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!!   For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For sale: Cusco Oil Catch Tank 9mm...Universal fitment!!!
Page 1 of 1